Pages

Monday, April 4, 2016

Review of Teacher by Ella Emerson and Heather Dahlgren

••*´¨`*•.• MY REVIEW •.•*´¨`*••

Teacher

By Ella Emerson and Heather Dahlgren




Reviewed by Jane on behalf of Lush Reads Book Blog
4
Writing was good
Okay characters

I have mixed feelings about this book. I loved the writing style and knowing that the book was written by two different authors really shone through. I already knew that they’d both written the different POV’s before it was mentioned at the end. Both these ladies did a stellar job of stamping their own mark on each character.
The story and the plot were fantastic, and the writing was great (apart from a little repetition and a few typo’s).
The sex scenes in this book although a little repetitive in places, were off the charts HAWT! I certainly felt like I needed a cold shower to calm my racing heart.
Unfortuantely I had to remove one star and that’s because the way Levi spoke to Trish made me cringe. He constantly referred to her as ‘tight pussy’ and wanted to dominate her. I don’t have a problem with erotic romance, but I’m just not sure that it fits well within a forbidden love story between teacher and student. Perhaps if the characters were a little older it may have sat with me better.
Also, sometimes when Levi spoke to her, he came across as a dirty old man, latching onto and praying on young girls. I’m sorry if this offends, but it’s just how I felt when reading.
I really think that this book would have made a great series, that way we could learn more about the characters. I would’ve liked to see more angst between Trish and her father, with regards to following her dreams of studying fashion. He seemed to give up too easy.

All in all, this book is a great read and the last few chapters took me by surprise, I really didn’t see that ending coming. I won’t spoil it for anyone, because that’s just wrong.
If you like your romances with a taboo edge then this book is perfect for you.
♥ ARC provided for an honest review  ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment