Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Review of Ready For Flynn by KL Shandwick

••*´¨`*•.• MY REVIEW •.•*´¨`*••

Title: Ready for Flynn
Author: KL Shandwick



Reviewed by Jane on behalf of Lush Reads Book Blog
4
Pretty decent writing
Intense in places
Good characters
Sexy hero.

This is my debut voyage with Ms Shandwick.
At first this book was a bit slow,  it took me a while to get into it, I was just waiting for something great to happen. I almost gave up a third of the way through, and I found some of the language used by Valerie (15) to be a little off putting. She talks about ‘her pussy clenching’ at the sight of our sexy hero Flynn. I’m not sure this is really fitting to how a young girl would think/say.

I bypassed the feeling of wanting to DNF this book and the naughty way our young Valerie felt upon sight of Flynn and plowed through.
I’m so glad I carried on, because the story develops into a coming of age novel and with some great writing, heartbreaking moments and great characters, this book has earned four stars.
I really enjoyed the progession of Valerie and Flynn’s relationship, it was a case of ‘will they, won’t they’, and I wanted to find out if love could in fact, conquer all. These are two adorable characters, who I will like to watch grow. There are some pretty fantastic secondary characters too.

Apart from the first third of this book, KL managed to pull me in and continue reading what turned out to be a great great.

The ending certainly made me want to read the sequel, and just hope we don’t have to wait too long for the next book.
Thank you KL for giving me the opportunity to read this great book.


Happy reading and stay lush

No comments:

Post a Comment