Pages

Monday, July 2, 2018

Author Spotlight H A Robinson

Next under the spotlight is the 
awesome H A Robinson.

You need to check out her amazing work by follow this link. The answers to the interview questions can be found further down the page, and I think you’ll agree, we all need to one click one or two of her books.


This one looks particularly interesting to me… The Pebble Jar 

Author spotlight questionnaire

Q1. What’s your author name, and is this a pen name?
My author name is H.A. Robinson, and yes, it is a penname.

Q2. Which demographic are your books aimed at?
I write in different genres. Several of my books are aimed at an adult audience, though they are suitable for more mature young readers. I also write Young Adult books, which have been well received by teenage readers along with adults.

Q3. What genre(s) do you write?
Romance, romance, romance!

Q4. What made you start writing?
I honestly don’t know! I can’t remember a time when I didn’t’ enjoy making up stories. I can remember writing a story in year two of primary school called The Ant and the Bee Make Friends and my teacher liking it so much she made it into a cute little book. I still have it somewhere. I guess everybody starts somewhere!

Q5. How long ago did you publish your first book?
My first book was published in July 2015, which feels like a lifetime ago now.

Q6. What is the title of the first book you published, and how did you come up with the story?
My first book was Max Colton’s Road to Wonderland, which was part of a series where each book was written by a different author. Each book was about a different character in a group of friends.

Q7. Name one of your favourite characters, from which book, and why are they your favourite?
Probably my favourite character of the ones I’ve created is Tom from The Pebble Jar. He was a character who was originally intended to be a very small role in the book, but as I wrote, he took on a life of his own, and now I’m partway through writing him his own story. He’s just a genuinely nice guy who sees the best in everybody, no matter how messed up they might be. He’s a loyal and decent friend and the kind of person everybody needs in their life.

Q8. If you could recommend one of your books to a new reader, which one would you choose and why?
I would probably recommend The Pebble Jar. It’s by far my most popular book and the one I am the most proud of. It took a huge chunk of my heart and soul to spill that story onto the page, and there is so much of me in there that it’s super special to me.

Q9. Tell us about your newest release or WIP.
My last release was To Where You Are, the first book in a brand new series co-authored with KA Hobbs. It came out in March and we are both intensely proud of it. It was a story we came together to write at a difficult time for both of us, and the story and the world we created saw us through some really difficult days.

Q10. Which author do you admire, and why?

Oh gosh, there are so so many! I love so many authors for different reasons. My two absolute favourite indie authors of all time are Emma Scott and JM Darhower. Sempre was one of the first indie books I ever read, and it was a huge inspiration for me to follow my dreams and put pen to paper myself.
Emma Scott not only writes amazing books filled with heart and spirit, but she also happens to be one of the finest human beings I’ve ever had the fortune to meet and call a friend. Her beautiful soul shines through in every one of her amazing stories, and her words have seen me through some seriously tough times. I’ll never ever forget that. Words have so much power—to hurt and to heal—and I admire anybody who uses their talent to weave words that help people.

No comments:

Post a Comment